Saturday, March 30, 2013

Antiquing in Sevierville!

You know we couldn't go out of town without browsing a few antique malls! There aren't really any in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, but in Sevierville there are a few good ones! The Antique Castle is the cutest! They don't let you take pictures inside, but there wasn't much to see anyway. 
The Tudor House on the other hand didn't look that exciting from the outside, but it was full of awesome stuff! And the prices weren't bad either!
 I'm not allowed to buy any more pot holders (I had to make the rule for myself!) but there are some CUTE ones up there! I wish I had taken a picture of the tomato face behind the girl with the tea pot. It was super cute!
 This whole booth was so junky and packed full! But there was so much good stuff tucked in there!
 That little Raggedy Anne thing creeped me out! Maybe it is supposed to have a little dress.
 I was able to resist those old autograph dogs.
There was a booth FULL of vintage christmas, good stuff too! But I've got SO MUCH that I won't pick it up unless its really cheap. I liked that little Santa made of a satin ball though.
 I really loved this pathetic little pin cushion. I resisted though. 
That chalkware bunny bank was calling my name! It must have been expensive, I can't remember why I didn't get it now.
This picture doesn't do this 1940's tourist jacket justice. It was all felt and in beautiful shape! It fit me too! But the price reflected the pristine condition and I don't know if I'd ever wear it.
 OH look at that Elvira dog tag! That is it, next old lady pug we get is going to be named Elvira. 
 I love this style of cow! I can't believe I don't have a set like this yet. 
 I really love these shoes! They weren't even close to my size though. 
Haha! Doesn't that little old man look cute peering down from up there? The Tudor House yielded the most items. We had fun looking at the other shops we could find though.
 How cool is this superman pogo stick? I don't remember seeing that at the Superman Museum
 I love this creepy knock of Mickey! I think it is the whiskers that make him look like a weirdo.
 I've been looking for a cool box/ hat box to keep on my side table for my nail polish and I thought I had hit the jackpot when I looked up and saw this on a high shelf. It is a sewing box. But it was $130!! Does that seem crazy to anyone else? Maybe I'm just not familiar with sewing box prices. Even at half off it was too much for a storage box for me. But it sure was pretty!
 Chalk dogs!
 I need one of these, but with a pug. 

 Cute paper rabbit! They wanted 120 for that for some reason! I looked them up when I got home and they sell for around 15 to 40 dollars on ebay. So weird.
 Aren't those tattoo arms cute! I feel like I've see them in another shop before, so maybe they are repro things? I dont know, but I love them!
I'll show you what we picked up tomorrow!! And I'll leave you with this. Nothing says "sexy" like leaving the "f" off.

10 comments:

  1. glad you posted this! i'm saving it for october when we go to gatliburg. we never stop in sevierville but i might just have to this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the tomato face hot pad! I need that! Happy Easter, Rae. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pin cushion is absolutely killing me! And yes, $130 for a hatbox, however awesome is fantasy pricing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, cool stuf(f)! I love that Spanish beware of dog tile. Those tattoo arms are neat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with autograph hounds too! They're too cute! And any old toy in a beret is automatically 10x cuter!! That hatbox is fab too!...but $130???? What the holy heck? Even in that area, that's just crazy. I was reading the tags on a bunch of the other stuff too and whoever was pricing some of that stuff is on crack! Most of it would be around $10-$20 in the store I work in and we're only about 45 minutes down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you glossed over that giant frozen coke. You should buy that and make some kind of vignette with the Tcby sign from the flea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm nuts about the Superman pogo stick and the yellow mouse cookie jar! My mother received a yellow mouse Parmesan cheese shaker as a wedding present. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with it. Butshe was always all, "DON'T TOUCH THE MOUSE EVER." Boo! They must've made a whole line of yellow mouse kitchenware... WANT!

    <3 jen @ librarian tells all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so my order of reading your posts is a little backwards. How the heck did you resist so much good stuff? Good for you for being so strong, I'm not sure I would have been able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chalkware bunny is the cutest! I totally need him for my collection :) I have a Merry Christmas dream pet ...http://jennyscosmicthings.blogspot.com/2013/01/super-belated-christmas.html if you look real close you can see him on my sideboard ;)
    I think your Ozarks one just might be cooler....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sevierville........What a wonderful haven of of kitsch and redneck sex stores :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...