Sunday, April 27, 2014

My 29th Birthday!

If you follow me on instagram you know that this past Wednesday was my 29th birthday! I took four days off of work for the occasion and had a really wonderful time. Most of the celebrating ended up happening on Tuesday because my best friend was also off of work and was able to spend the whole day with me. Here is what we got up to!
This is Crystal! Who you have seen before. She met up with me at my house and then took me out to lunch at a place in Hillsboro Village. I can't remember the name, but it was all kinds of flatbread things, with lots of vegan stuff on the menu. Awesome!
 Our main objective for the day was going to Sephora for makeovers. It is silly, but we have both been wanting to do it for a long time and were always too chicken. I got that gift card for Christmas, and she gave me the other one. Haha! I felt like since I'm almost 30, maybe I should learn a little about makeup.
 Here is our stunning before...
 And after! It was actually really fun! The girl who did mine was really nice and knew I wanted red lipstick even though I thought I wanted something neutral. They have lots of cruelty free and vegan stuff to choose from too. We both ended up buying some things and I'm excited to play around. I felt like a total freak wearing lipstick all day but looking back I like how it looks. I think I just need to get used to it. I'm so happy we did it! I almost feel like a grown woman!
Then we went shoe shopping and bought matching flats! If you had told me ten years ago that I would be spending my birthday buying makeup and shoes I would have laughed at you. 
 Presents! I still have years worth of that rock and roll tv wrapping paper to use. And I'm so glad!
Crystal got me the Spock shirt! And Travis got me the blu ray and the book! Help! has always been one of my favorite movies! For years I haven't been able to watch it because I just have a VHS tape, I am so happy to have the blu ray now! I watched it the next day and it was just and weird and amazing as I remembered.
 There is Scampi and Murray keeping an eye on the proceedings. 
Travis came home, and we picked up Crystal's husband Marc and had tacos! I am OBSESSED with making tacos. We have been doing it once a week for the past month and then I eat the leftovers for days! We make refried beans, fresh mango salsa, beyond meat feisty crumbles (best fake meat i've EVER HAD) and for my birthday Travis made delicious spicy guacamole! Mmmm I want it again right now!
We talked and laughed and did a little karaoke and then played Catchphrase! The best group game there is! Crystal and I won both rounds, we have kind of a psychic connection.
 Travis got me a cake from Kahn's Desserts in East Nashville. It was chocolate with mint icing between the layers, and vanilla on the outside. It was delicious! And cute. I had such a good time celebrating with my best friends. We are going on vacation together in July and I can't wait!
 On my actual birthday I mostly just sat around, bought some short shorts, and then went and got tattooed! It is a kitsune from Japanese folklore. It is on my left arm. I just got the outline and the black done this time. I can't wait to get it colored! I'll show you a photo of the actual thing later. I didn't get a good one when it was fresh and now it is all gross and scabby. It was done by Jason St.Clair from Flash City as usual. He is the best!
The day after that I went to the lake and laid on the beach with some friends. It was fun but I got my first sunburn of the year! I put on so much sunscreen too, over and over! I'm so mad about it! After the lake I brought my karaoke machine to my friend Jamie's house and had probably the best karaoke session ever. So many people were just as into it as I am! See me second from the right? It was perfect.
The last day of my  mini birthday vacation Travis was able to be off of work and we spent the whole day together at the flea market. And I got so much stuff! I'll tell you about it soon! April has been the best month so far, I hope it's a sign that my summer is going to rule!

10 comments:

  1. Cake, birthday tacos, catchphrase, red lipstick, karaoke? The best things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday princess Rae. It looks like you had such a magical day and you look stunning in your red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!!!! 29 sounds so young sigh it seems like yesterday to me. I like that shirt very cute. I spent a few hours on Sunday at a Star Trek convention and got a Star Trek shirt myself
    Retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Birthday extravaganza! Yay! The red lipstick is lovely on you both. I hope you bought some!
    Happy Late Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those shoes! It's not always easy to find cute, vegan-friendly flats. Can I ask what brand they are and where they're from? Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are by blowfish! i got them from dsw show warehouse. they seem to always have a few by that brand, and blowfish makes all vegan shoes!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday girl! I guess you had a pretty good day, you girls look so beautiful ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is the cookbook? I've been going back and forth about getting it since it came out. Should I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll keep you posted! i haven't made anything yet but plan to this week.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...