Sunday, March 29, 2015

Short Trip to Louisville

We went to Louisville a few weekends ago for a short trip. Travis and I love that city and always have a good time. Our best friends Crystal and Marc came with us and we did a little exploring on Saturday. We tried a new to us place, Ramsi's Cafe of the World on Saturday morning. Apparently there was a big St. Patrick's day parade later because everyone we saw asked us if we were there early getting a good parade spot.
The best thing we had was some vegan hot chocolate! It had pink peppercorns in it, and some kind of vegan cream on top. Yum!
We also had these weird but yummy onion rings.
The rest of the food was just ok. I had a sandwich with barbecue tofu on it. Eh. We probably won't go back.
The best part was this cool door behind the place! I loved it!
When Crystal is with us sometimes I'm in photos too.
Why Louisville is one of my favorite stores in the whole world! I wish every state had one like it. It it full of Kentucky themed souvenirs and shirts designed by indie artists. I have SO many shirts from there.
Cute Walt wax statue. They have a wax Colonel Sanders at the other location. The guy who started it is building a theme park in Cave City in the next year and I can't WAIT!
Cute stuff and photo ops. My kind of place.
We passed some vendors getting ready for the parade. Nothing says St. Patrick's day like a dophin with shamrocks!
If you are ever in Louisville you have to check out Bardstown road. There are tons of cute shops and good places to eat. Heart and Soy is our favorite! The store below is Dot Fox I think.
I love traveling with my best buds.
The whole reason we were there was to see the Rupaul's Drag Race Battle of the Seasons Tour. It was amazing! We got to see Sharon Needles, Alaska, Detox, Bianca Del Rio, Jinkx Monsoon, Adore Delano AND Michelle Visage! We laughed so hard all night! My favorite part was when they did a live Snatch Game and Alaska did Laganja Estranja. She might be my favorite queen of all time. Are you watching the current season? It hasn't grabbed me yet, I'm not sure who to root for. I love Pearl but I don't think she'll win.
Don't you worry, I have some more photos coming up from the weird and wonderful Joe Ley Antiques. It isn't a trip to Louisville if we don't go there to see the same expensive vintage stuff they've had for the last 5 years still sitting in the same place.

7 comments:

  1. What a bummer on your Ramsi's experience. That was like one of the few vegan options when I first even visited KY back in 1998 and it was "the spot" on Bardstown Rd for us for years. Seeing that photo on my feed made me feel all nostalgic. When you go back the other spots were Zen Garden and Vietnam Kitchen. I loved Zen Garden, omg, so many romantic times were had there. I still have a necklace I bought at Dot Fox in 2006. I lived right on Taylorsville Road and not being a driver I guess that area was my mainstay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished it had been better too! I'll have to try Zen Garden next time we're in town!

      Delete
  2. Ok seriously who makes things like inflatable green shamrock dolphins? You know there was a design team of some kind, somebody ok'd the design, then they were made in a factory by the thousands ... but WHY? WHYYYYYY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and then someone ordered them! I bet they had 200!

      Delete
  3. I wonder how that Colts Neck (NJ) shirt ended up in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shirt in the first photo
    Retro rover

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...