Monday, January 18, 2016

52 Lists: 2016 Goals!


It isn't too late to make some goals for the year right? I've had this list since the first, I just have been too distracted with things like watching tv with the dogs, and going out TOO much. That photo is from Bowie Night at the Stone Fox last Friday. I went with Ryan, Travis and Jamie.
Last year my only goal was to learn to do eyeliner and wear it, and I did it!
I think new year's goals are really fun to make as long as you make them about something fun, not about something you hate about yourself, or something that makes you feel guilty. I haven't had a big list in years, but here are some of the things I want to do in 2016:

1. Post more on my blog // Last year I posted less than I have since I started blogging back in 2001. One of my favorite things to do is look back through my blog and see what I was doing and thinking at different times. Even if it is embarrassing! So this year I'm going to make time to post more. I think part of the reason I did less last year was people don't interact on blogs as much anymore.  I'm as guilty of anyone as reading but not leaving a comment, so I'm going to try to do that more too on the blogs I read, and on instagrams I love.

2. Go on an overnight hike with Travis //  Travis loves the outdoors and usually goes on an overnight hike or two with friends every year. It isn't really my thing, but I've commited to doing it with him at least once this year. I've told him to plan one that isn't TOO challenging, and we'll probably take a few friends. I am making some little walking goals to get ready, and plan to walk a mile or 2 a day. I'm excited and scared to do this!

3. Make at least 2 photo books // I take lots of photos, and though I put them on the blog, I don't do much else with them. I want to put them into photobooks using blurb, and print them. My goal is to do at least 2 this year. I'm already half through a book about 2015, so I might even make a few more! We'll see. I don't want all my photos to just sit on hard drives forever.

4. Read 100 books // This is my usual book goal. I only made it to 80 last year, but I'm going for 100 again this year. I'm on my 6th right now.

5. File quarterly taxes //  This is kind of boring...but I want to write it down! I am doing lots of independent contractor type stuff right now, and I think it will be a good idea for me to do my taxes quarterly, we'll see if it is too complicated since we usually file jointly. I'm going to talk to a tax professional about it.

6. Make some stuff // Going with the theme of making goals that don't make me feel guilty, I'm keeping this vague. I love it when I make time to do something creative, so I would like to do some of that this year. Not sure how this will play out, but I have lots of ideas.

7. Hang out a lot // Not going to a regular job makes it easy to hibernate and not make plans. I want to keep seeing all my friends that I love and not just hole up in my house. We're doing really well at this so far!

8 comments:

  1. it is never too late for goals! and these are super good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!! I have make more stuff one of mine too!! Drawlloween kind of reminded me how much I miss art in general. When it warms up you should come over on your off days and we'll paint on my deck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty much in love with the tone of your goals. They feel more encouraging than mandated, which (for me anyway) is freeing and motivating.

    Getting photos into the world was one of mine too. I feel bad my kids never see how obsessed we are with them!

    Also, quarterly taxes aren't fun, but they aren't hard, and they are a life saver at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to see that one of your goals is to post more often. You are living the life I would have had, if I had chosen a different path. I'm happy with my path but yours makes me smile! Not to mention PUUUUUGGGGGGGGUIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSSSS... a bit obsessed - I lost my girl last June - unbearable! Jean in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been too sad and distracted to make any resolutions, but it's always a good time for GOALS! You're inspiring me to be more goal-oriented. I'm so glad that one of your goals is to post more. I love reading about your adventures and really envy the awesome relationships you have with your friends. I keep hearing that blogging is dying but I really enjoy the medium both as a writer and a reader. Thanks for setting the standard for goal setting this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I set a 100 book goal too. I'm on 13 but I doubt I'll read that much most months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i keep seeing your updates on good reads, you are really blowing through books!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...